Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Hope Dental Clinic (HDC) is a nonprofit health organization providing free/low cost dental care to low-income individuals without dental insurance. Along with emergency and comprehensive dental care, Hope Dental Clinic also provides education to children and adults in the community through various outreach events.
The Hope Dental Clinic Volunteer Coordinator plays a critical role in volunteer cultivation and stewardship efforts. The priorities of this position are:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft bi-annual volunteer schedule and update as necessary
- Respond promptly to volunteer communication to ensure proper patient scheduling
- Import doctor schedule into patient database, updating as necessary
- Work collaboratively with front desk receptionist to ensure volunteer schedules are up to date in dental scheduling software
- Process volunteer applications and background checks
- Provide initial clinic orientation
- Schedule volunteers and student volunteers
- Clean volunteer database at the beginning of each year
- Interview and select pre-dental intern candidates within a hiring committee
- Recruit new clinical volunteers
- Provide U of M dental student leader’s orientation and connect with them on fall information session
- Connect with college faculty to identify opportunities to expand partnerships
- Transition student volunteers to licensed volunteers yearly
- Creates and sends volunteer certificates with hours volunteered yearly
- Engage volunteers, educators and dentists face-to-face and through email to increase the frequency of volunteer participation
- Work with campuses to create internship-based student positions and ways to provide engagement/feedback for interns
- Optimize volunteer communications via mass email
- Create a volunteer feedback system and recommend improvements to orientation, training and operations
- Develop useful reports and lists within volunteer database
- Enhance volunteer engagement plans by developing methods for volunteer-to-donor conversion
- Identify and approach corporate in-kind sponsors for volunteer food and supplies
- Track volunteer licensing and liability requirements to ensure clinic and state standards are met
- Volunteer stewardship
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous volunteer experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Experience with volunteer database software preferred
- Success working both independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to manage volunteer data and a commitment to database integrity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Creative problem-solving ability, attention to detail and ability to see the big picture.
- Highly organized and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while producing quality results on time.
- Articulate with strong oral presentation skills and willingness to listen and ask for clarification.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost savings measures; conserves organizational resources.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is performed in a typical interior office.
- Must be able to lift 10 – 15 lbs.
- Work requires pushing, pulling, reaching, crouching, stooping, walking, twisting, carrying and other physical activities.
Hope Dental Clinic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. This position requires satisfactory completion of criminal background check, drug screening and a credit check.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com