Spanish Interpreter – Part Time
Spanish interpreters are an essential part of our dental clinic. Having an individual with these skills ensures that we can provide care to those that primarily speak Spanish.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Convert concepts from English to Spanish in written form.
- Be able to relay the style and tone of the original language in the treatment rooms and in the front office.
- Render spoken messages accurately, quickly, and clearly.
- Assist in making appointments over the phone and in person.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Degree/Certificate in Translation and/or experience translating in a dental clinic preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Be able to speak, read, and write fluently in both English and Spanish.
- Critical thinking: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Active listening: giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Mastery of time management techniques for peak efficiency
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Competent in the use of computers; able to enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain information in either written or electronic form
- The ability to adapt and respond to changing work situations and/or environments
- Miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- The work requires some physical exertion such as prolonged periods of standing; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as supply boxes
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Submit your application, resume and cover letter to Jessica Flotterud at firstname.lastname@example.org.