Job Title: Licensed Dental Assistant
Reports To: Office Manager
Hope Dental Clinic (HDC) is a nonprofit health organization providing free/low cost dental care to low-income individuals without dental insurance. Along with emergency and comprehensive dental care, Hope Dental Clinic also provides education to children and adults in the community through various outreach events.
Dental Assistants work closely with HDC dentists to meet the unique needs of each patient. It is required to be able to lead, be friendly, flexible and focused to complete tasks in a timely manner.
This is a part time position with the hours of 8:30am-12:30pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting the Dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
- Taking digital radiographs.
- Charting patient information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other procedures; teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene.
- Performing office management tasks that require the use of a computer.
- Communicating with patients and suppliers.
- Preparing and maintaining dental instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Dental charting.
- Prevention and management of medical emergencies.
- Oversee volunteer personnel including: delegating assignments, training, monitoring and initiating corrective action if necessary.
- Maintaining supplies by ordering and restocking as needed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensed Dental Assistant (LDA) and current CPR certification required.
- Knowledge of public health preferred.
- The ability to read, write and verbally communicate complex messages in English and another language used locally (ex. Spanish, Hmong, Somali, etc.) preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Understands and is able to demonstrate principles, theories and practices of radiology.
- Able to apply dental techniques.
- Able to deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- Competent in use of computers; enter, transcribe, record, store or maintain information in either written or electronic form. We use Eagle Soft and digital x-ray in our clinic.
- Able to use cleaning agents, products and equipment.
- Able to maintain inventory; track receipt, sending and delivery of materials.
- Preference given to bi-lingual applicants.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Risks which require the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, working around operating machines, working with contagious diseases or hazardous chemicals, etc.
- The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as record boxes.
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and sills required of personnel so classified.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jessica Flotterud at firstname.lastname@example.org