If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Jessica Flotterud.
Reports To: Executive Director
Hope Dental Clinic (HDC) is a non-profit social service organization providing free/low cost dental care to individuals without dental insurance. Along with emergency and comprehensive dental care Hope Dental Clinic also provides advocacy and education to children and adults in the community through various outreach events.
The Hope Dental Clinic Grant Writer will identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities. This position is also responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on the performance of program activities that are funded by third-party public and private sources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches and identifies new foundation, corporate and government funding.
- Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
- Generates revenues for programs and services through timely submission of well researched, well written and well documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
- If required, supervise other consultants hired for specific grant writing purposes.
- Maintains and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
- Writes reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders.
- Identifies funding opportunities and new program areas to match priorities, using research tools.
- If needed, serves as a liaison to all funding agencies or organizations.
- Engages with program officers at organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
- Writes newsletters, appeals, annual report and other projects as assigned.
- Consults with executive director in other areas of development.
- Special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 1 – 3 years of related experience in grant writing and contract administration.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flow and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to positive team spirit.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost savings measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Strives to increase productivity.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and techniques.
- Ability write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively in front of groups.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Experience and knowledge of computer operation; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and database applications.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is performed in a typical interior office.
- Must be able to lift 10 – 15 lbs.
- Work requires pushing, pulling, reaching, crouching, stooping, walking, twisting, carrying and other physical activities.
Hope Dental Clinic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. This position requires satisfactory completion of criminal background check, drug screening and a credit check.