Job Title: Executive Director
Cincinnatus, Inc., is honored to present this opportunity on behalf of our client: Hope Dental Clinic.
Background: Lack of oral health care can profoundly impact an individual’s overall health,
productivity, and wellbeing. For more than fifty years, Hope Dental Clinic (formerly part of
Union Gospel Mission) has been providing high-quality dental care to those in need, regardless
of their ability to pay. Incorporated as a nonprofit 501(c)3 corporation in 2017, Hope Dental
Clinic has provided over two million dollars in services to its patients over the past year.
Hope Dental Clinic is seeking a dynamic, skilled, and compassionate executive leader to lead and grow the organization in its new chapter as a stand-alone nonprofit.
This position provides a great opportunity for a seasoned nonprofit executive who is passionate
about Hope Dental Clinic’s mission. Hope Dental Clinic is looking for a strategic leader who is:
- Kind and compassionate – a mission-driven individual who brings integrity, passion, a
sense of humor, flexibility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to the workplace.
- A “go getter” – a visionary, persuasive, and articulate communicator with strong written
and oral communication skills who can inspire others toward development and
execution of a common goals.
- A servant leader – a calm and confident individual with a collaborative leadership style,
who exemplifies grace under pressure, and who possesses humility and a desire to learn
- A bridge builder – an outgoing “face of the organization” who has worked with and has
respect for diverse communities, who can reach out to build and maintain authentic and
trusting relationships to grow Hope Dental Clinic as a fiscally strong, externally-facing
organization with an emphasis on equity.
The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Hope Dental
Clinic’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. Reporting to the Board of
Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for:
- Strategic internal leadership and oversight of operations, finances, staff, policies, and
- External communications and donor development, managing relationships with donors
and funders, program partners, the media, community and civic groups, and the general
public. Spearheads major gifts solicitations and private foundation development
- Governance accountability, working cooperatively and collaboratively with the Board to
foster financial transparency and understanding, and to articulate and advance
organizational strategies to further Hope Dental Clinic’s mission, goals, and objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Post-Baccalaureate degree or training in a related field such as Public
Health, Nonprofit Management, or Business Administration.
- Required: A minimum of five years senior-level management experience in a nonprofit organization of comparable size and complexity. Proven, effective fundraising results in the nonprofit sector.
- Preferred: Ten years of senior-level management experience in a nonprofit dental or health clinic. Active Minnesota dental or dental hygiene license in good standing with the Minnesota Board of Dentistry.
The annual salary is $115,000 and includes participation in the organization’s comprehensive
Applications are requested by 5:00 p.m. November 19th, 2021.
To apply, interested candidates should submit their application materials (including a resume
and position-specific cover letter) to the Cincinnatus web portal at