Dental Hygienist- Part Time
To provide superior dental care while acting in a professional manner to patients and fellow employees. Dental Hygienists work closely with HDC dentists to meet the unique needs of each patient.
- Reviewing a patient’s dental history
- Performing preventive dental care
- Recommending care to improve a patient’s dental health
- Teaching patients about proper teeth cleaning techniques
- Maintaining dental instruments and equipment
- Registered Dental Hygienist
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Current CPR Certification
- Basic computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate and relate to a diverse patient population
- Effective and compassionate communication of dental policies and procedures to a diverse patient population
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to evaluate injuries, diseases, and deformities; this includes symptoms, treatments alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventable health care measures
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing patient and personal services. This includes patient needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of patient satisfaction
- Understands and is able to demonstrate principles, theories, and practices of radiology
- Critical thinking: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Active listening: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Competent in the use of computers; able to enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain information in either written or electronic form
- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble small objects
- Preference given to bi-lingual applicants
WORKING CONDITION AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Risks which require the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, ex. working around operating machines, working with contagious diseases, or hazardous chemicals, etc.
- The work requires some physical exertion such as prolonged periods of standing; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as supply boxes
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Submit your application, resume and cover letter to Linda Ewing at email@example.com or by fax to 651-789-5591.