Job Title: Dental Front Desk Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Hope Dental Clinic (HDC) is a nonprofit health organization providing free/low cost dental care to low-income individuals without dental insurance. Along with emergency and comprehensive dental care, Hope Dental Clinic also provides education to children and adults in the community through various outreach events.
The Dental Front Desk Manager is a key member of the clinic operations staff. This person is responsible for assuring an exceptional customer experience, supporting staff through administrative, clerical and other duties and assisting in outreach and volunteer coordination.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answer phone calls using proper etiquette.
• Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
• Perform any necessary paperwork.
• Facilitate effective patient flow using the clinic’s system.
• Responsible for communication with volunteer staff and patients. Confirm volunteer schedules with a phone call and/or email, find alternates for any volunteer cancellations.
• Handle patient check in, check out, and referrals.
• Safely handle patient files including the transferring of records.
• Create and maintain reports for the clinic as specified by Executive Director.
• Assists with outreach programs and vendor fairs as needed.
• Ensure cleanliness of reception area throughout the day.
• Miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
• HS diploma or equivalent plus one year office assistant experience.
• Knowledge of public health and/or experience as a dental assistant helpful, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Able to coach others by assigning/directing work; taking appropriate corrective actions, etc.
• Able to deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
• Competent in use of computers.
• Able to use cleaning agents, products and equipment.
• Able to maintain inventory; track ordering and receipt of supplies.
• Preference given to bilingual applicants.
• Preference given to licensed dental assistants.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Risks which require the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, e.g., working around operating machines, working with contagious diseases or hazardous chemicals, etc.
• The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately
heavy items such as record boxes.
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Hope Dental Clinic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. This position requires satisfactory completion of criminal background check, drug screening and a credit check.