Job Title: Licensed Dental Assistant/Clinical Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Hope Dental Clinic (HDC) is a nonprofit health organization providing free/low cost dental care to low-income individuals without dental insurance. Along with emergency and comprehensive dental care, Hope Dental Clinic also provides education to children and adults in the community through various outreach events.
The LDA/Clinical Manager is a key member of the clinic operations staff. This person is responsible for assuring an exceptional customer experience, supporting staff through administrative, clerical and other duties, and assisting outreach and volunteer coordination. In addition, this position will work closely with HDC dentists to meet the unique needs of each patient. It is required to be able to lead, be friendly, flexible and focused to complete tasks in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, coordinates and oversees day-to-day clinic operations; schedules, coordinates and oversees activities of dentists, ensuring adequate clinical coverage at all times. Schedules volunteer dentists and other dental professionals as needed in conjunction with the Front Desk Manager.
- Create and maintain reports for the clinic as specified by Executive Director.
- Assists with outreach programs, coordinating events and vendor fairs as needed.
- Provides adequate training to clinic staff and volunteers.
- Monitors OSHA mandates and monitors credentials/performance of dental staff; conducts and documents regular quality assurance inspections of clinical operations.
- Acts as first line of defense with IT and facilities obstacles in conjunction with the Front Desk Manager.
- Assists the Dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
- Taking digital radiographs.
- Charting patient information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other procedures; teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene.
- Preparing and maintaining dental instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Dental charting.
- Prevention and management of medical emergencies.
- Oversee volunteer personnel including: delegating assignments, training, monitoring and initiating corrective action if necessary.
- Maintaining supplies by ordering and restocking as needed.
- Miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A current Minnesota license in dental assisting
- Current CPR certification
- Customer service or management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of public health helpful but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Able to coach others by assigning/directing work; taking appropriate corrective actions, etc.
- Able to interact with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, empathy, tact and professionalism.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the integrated professional, technical and administrative principles and procedures of a dental clinic.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control measures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of patient grievance principals and procedures.
- Program management policies and procedures.
- Ability to work proactively and positivity with staff, volunteers and patients.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Understands and is able to demonstrate principles, theories and practices of radiology.
- Able to apply dental techniques.
- Competent in use of computers; enter, transcribe, record, store or maintain information in either written or electronic form. We use Eagle Soft and digital x-ray in our clinic. Also, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Able to use cleaning agents, products and equipment.
- Able to maintain inventory; track receipt, sending and delivery of materials.
- Preference given to bi-lingual applicants.
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Risks which require the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, e.g., working around operating machines, working with contagious diseases or hazardous chemicals, etc.
- The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as record boxes
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com